WHO Webinar Series: Leveraging Public Financial Management for Better Health
How can budgets be reformed to facilitate progress towards UHC? If you want to learn more on improving budget formulation, execution, and reporting in health, please join the new WHO six-part webinar series on Leveraging Public Financial Management for Better Health. The webinar series, facilitated by ThinkWell, will be conducted from May to November 2019, with one budget topic addressed each month:
- Introduction – Role of PFM functions and reforms from a health sector perspective
- Budget formulation issues in the health sector: key issues for policy makers
- Budget execution issues in the health sector: challenges and policy responses
- Links between budget reforms and provider payment systems: what is at stake?
- Budget accountability: financial transparency and accountability towards sector outputs
- Budgeting for health in devolved settings
Each webinar session will be 70 minutes long, and will include a technical presentation, country illustrations, as well as time for questions and answers.
This webinar series is primarily addressed to planning and budgeting units at health ministries, social sector units at finance ministries, but other partners can join as well.
Registration is based on open-enrollment, but spaces are limited. Read more and register here.